“Last weekend, a second AI news presenter made its debut in India, appearing on the private news channel in Odisha, presenting bulletins in English and Odia – a dialect spoken in the state.”Hanna Azarya Samosir
The roster of AI anchors has been quietly increasing, typically one country at a time. Synthetic anchors, often based on real-life presenters, first appeared on China’s state TV news network in 2018.
The technology has evolved since then to support believability with increasingly sophisticated actions that mimic human delivery.
This piece from Australia’s ABC News reports on the two synthetic news anchors that debuted recently on two different networks in India.
SEE FULL STORY
- AI Anchors: Artificial sincerity, too?
- Sogou’s fifth AI news anchor first to be 3D
- Russian AI anchor joins the Sogou line-up
- Thailand’s first AI journalist named ‘Suthichai AI’ unveiled
- UAE gets first Arabic speaking AI news anchor
- Kuwait news outlet unveils AI-generated presenter Fedha
- Reuters puts a digital twin onscreen, driven by AI system