The U.K. HOUSE OF LORDS SELECT COMMITTEE on AI has 74 recommendations for the future of artificial intelligence. Their exhaustive report suggests development be guided by a code of ethics:
- Artificial intelligence should be developed for the common good and benefit of humanity.
- Artificial intelligence should operate on principles of intelligibility and fairness.
- Artificial intelligence should not be used to diminish the data rights or privacy of individuals, families or communities.
- All citizens have the right to be educated to enable them to flourish mentally, emotionally and economically alongside artificial intelligence.
- The autonomous power to hurt, destroy or deceive human beings should never be vested in artificial intelligence.
The framing is for the UK but much of the research and thinking can be a general resource.
‘Artificial intelligence has been developing for years, but it is entering a crucial stage in its development and adoption.’
- Enhanced summary
- Summary of conclusions and recommendations
- Press release and links to written and oral evidence files